Monday 16 February 2015

hidden paradise

Unless you're aware that this little beauty exists, you would drive straight past it... The Boathouse Palm Beach is a charming cafe with breathtaking views over Pittwater and Palm Beach. Fresh flowers, quality Australian produce, and alfresco dining draw the crowds every day - and I highly suggest you get in early to avoid excruciating waiting periods for both seating and your food.

The Boathouse Palm Beach | Coffee

The Boathouse Palm Beach | Exterior

The Boathouse Palm Beach | Service Area

We went on a Friday (so didn't have any problems with crowding) and ordered Raw muesli with coconut yoghurt, almond milk and fruit; Eugalo Farm breakfast - scrambled eggs, potato, minute steak, tomato, asparagus & foccacia and Poached eggs with bacon, roast tomatoes, avocado & sourdough. I don't normally order muesli when I'm eating out (it's so easy to make it at home!?), but this dish came highly recommended from one of my colleagues, so I felt I should try it - even at $18! I do have to admit though, that it was seriously delicious. I'm glad I tried it, but I wouldn't order it again purely due to the price. The poached eggs and bacon are a staple and were cooked to perfection, while the Eugalo farm breakfast was a surprisingly large, and super tasty.

The Boathouse Palm Beach | Eugalo Farm breakfast - scrambled eggs, potato, minute steak, tomato, asparagus & foccacia

The Boathouse Palm Beach | Fresh Coconut & Green Tea

The Boathouse Palm Beach | Raw muesli with coconut yoghurt, almond milk and fruit

We also ordered a cappuccino, latte, green tea, and a coconut. There's nothing better than a fresh coconut, but at $7 a pop I won't be going back for seconds...

The food was delicious and atmosphere relaxed, but I honestly cannot get over the prices. The staff were really friendly, but apart from taking your order and delivering the food I struggle to see why the price tags are so high... Apart from that, I did really enjoy the entire experience.

Cafe: The Boathouse Palm Beach
Price (for 4ppl): Food $90; Beverages $
Hours: 7am - 4pm
Must order: Eugalo Farm breakfast
Coffee: Single Origin Coffee Roasters

The Boathouse Palm Beach | Table View

The Boathouse Palm Beach | Poached eggs with bacon, roast tomatoes, avocado & sourdough

No comments:

Post a Comment